INTERNATIONAL QUALITY REVIEW
International Quality Review (IQR) has been specially developed to provide institutions outside the UK with an independent peer review leading to accreditation by QAA. IQR tests whether an institution meets the 10 European standards of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG).
What does QAA ACCREDITATION MEAN?
- Demonstrate effective quality assurance measured against international benchmarks
- Strengthen your global positioning
- Drive improvement and excellence
- Develop partnerships with UK institutions
IQR has five key stages including analysing and evaluating your own processes, taking part in an external review by QAA’s peer reviewers and follow-up action planning.
What are the Benefits of IQR & International Accreditation?It will be different for everyone, of course, but we are very much motivated by the best practices identified in the IQR report; in particular to those pertaining to our interactive relationship with industry partners, effective organisation of internships, and the high-level of student engagement in our quality assurance process. At the same time, we have received useful suggestions for areas which can be enhanced. In summary, International Quality Review provided us with a guided journey to self-evaluation, bringing the following benefits:
- Identification of our strengths and weaknesses by external experts
- Help to ensure the right resources are in place for continuous improvement
- Enhanced reputation, competitiveness and global image
- Assurance to students and parents that the programmes offered meet international academic standards, giving added confidence.